Two Days – Special Angkor Wat + Beng Mealea + Banteay Srei (2D8)
This tour package is really good that you not only visit the temples, but you will see the countryside and have a lot of understanding about how our people live their lives in the past as well as in the present. You will experience the three main areas – social, economic and culture.
Beng Mealea, very similar to Angkor Wat was built in the 12th century. Its current state is dominated by jungle. Its primary material is sandstone and it is largely unrestored, with trees and thick brush thriving amidst its towers and courtyards and many of its stones lying in great heaps. Trees have grown out of the towers and vines entangle columns. Lintels and others building blocks lay around in a tumble and require visitors to climb up and down as they approach the completely collapsed central towers.
Destinations / Attractions:
- Day One: Start at 8:00 AM
- Beng Mealea (75 KM from Siem Reap Town)
- Kampong Khleang Floating Village
- Day Two: Start at 8:00 AM
- Banteay Srei (37 KM)
- Ta Prohm
- Preah Khan
- Angkor Thom
- South Gate Angkor Thom
- Bayon Temple
- Terrace of the Elephants
- Terrace of the Leper King
- Angkor Wat
What is included:
- (Optional) An English-speaking tour guide (other languages also available with surcharge)
- A tuk tuk, A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee
- Complimentary cool drinking water & towel
What is excluded:
- Angkor Archeological Park Pass: US$37 per person
- Beng Mealea Pass: US$5 per person
- Kampong Khleang Pass + Boat fee: US$20 per person
- Personal Food + Beverage
- Gratuity & Tipping
- Other personal expenses
You can have four options for this package:
- Option 1: Tuktuk with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1-4 pax = $65
- Option 2: A/C vehicle with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1 – 4 pax = $105
5 – 12 pax = $125
- Option 3: Tuktuk with a DRIVER, and a professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $140
- Option 4: A/C vehicle with a driver, and professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $180
4 – 11 pax = $200
Note: While the driver can bring you to all the attractions, he is not allowed to accompany the visitors to the temples and to explain about the culture, history, Buddhism or Hinduism myths, which is the job of the tour guides who are trained and licensed by the ministry of Tourism.
Other Important Information & Tips:
- Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
- Ending location: hotel or a place in town
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
- For every temple you visit, please wear proper clothes. If you wear t-shirt & shorts, please ensure that they are long enough to cover the shoulders & knees.
- Lunch break is at noon at the local restaurants near the temples.
- Sunset is at Angkor Wat, Bakheng Hill, Sras Srong or Pre Rup can be added to the itinerary with additional charge $10 for the whole group.
- Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.