Three Days – Angkor Tour, Bateay Srei, Floating Village (3D5)
Angkor, in Siem Reap Town, Cambodia, is one of the most important archaeological sites in Southeast Asia. It extends over approximately 500 square kilometers and contains many temples, hydraulic structures (dykes, basins, canals, reservoirs) as well as communication routes. For several centuries Angkor, was the center of the Khmer Kingdom. With impressive monuments, some different ancient urban plans and large water reservoirs, the site is a unique concentration of features testifying to an exceptional civilization. Temples like Angkor Wat, the Bayon, Preah Khan and Ta Prohm, exemplars of Khmer architecture, are closely linked to their geographical context as well as being imbued with symbolic significance.
The enchanting temple of Banteay Srei temple is almost everyone’s favorite. The special charm of this little temple lies in its conservation and excellent decoration, its miniature scale almost always surprise visitor. The name, relatively modern, means (Citadel of the lady). It was built by the precious stone or jewel of Khmer art, it like pink stone of lime stone. Banteay Srei was not a royal temple; it was built by the counselor of the king Rajandravarman II in 968.
Kampong Phluk is a cluster of three villages of stilted houses built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap Lake. It is about 16 km southeast of Siem Reap Town. Flooded mangrove forest surrounds the area and is home to a variety of wildlife including crab-eating macaques, and 3000 human inhabitants. During the dry season when the lake is low, the buildings in the villages seem to soar atop their 6-meter stilts exposed by the lack of water.
Destinations / Attractions:
- Day One: Start at 8:30 AM
- Angkor Thom City:
- South Gate Angkor Thom
- Terrace of the Elephants
- Terrace of the Leper King
- Chau Say Tevoda
- Ta Keo
- Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider Temple)
- Banteay Kdei
- Day Two: Start at 5:00 AM
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat
- Angkor Wat
- Pre Rup
- East Mebon
- Ta Som
- Neak Poan
- Preah Khan
- Day Three: Start at 8:00 AM
- Banteay Srei (There will be a stop to see Palm Sugar Production by the locals on the way to Banteay Srei)
- Roluos Group:
- Bakong temple
- Preah Ko temple
- Lolei temple
- Kampong Phluk Floating Village
What is included:
- (Optional) An English-speaking tour guide (other languages also available with surcharge)
- Tuktuk, A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee
- Complimentary cool drinking water & towel
What is excluded:
- Temples’ Entrance Pass Fee: US$62 per person
- Kampong Phluk Pass + Boat fee: US$20 per person
- Personal Food + Beverage
- Gratuity & Tipping
- Other personal expenses
You can have four options for this package:
- Option 1: Tuktuk with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1-4 pax = $63
- Option 2: A/C vehicle with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1 – 4 pax = $100
5 – 12 pax = $130
- Option 3: Tuktuk with a DRIVER, and a professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $178
- Option 4: A/C vehicle with a driver, and professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $225
4 – 11 pax = $245
Note: While the driver can bring you to all the attractions, he is not allowed to accompany the visitors to the temples and to explain about the culture, history, Buddhism or Hinduism myths, which is the job of the tour guides who are trained and licensed by the ministry of Tourism.
Other Important Information & Tips:
- Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
- Ending location: hotel or a place in town
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
- For every temple you visit, please wear proper clothes. If you wear t-shirt & shorts, please ensure that they are long enough to cover the shoulders & knees.
- Lunch break is at noon at the local restaurants near the temples. Anyway, you can request for the hotel return for lunch with additional US$10 for transportation fee.
- Sunset at Angkor Wat, Bakheng Hill, Sras Srong or Pre Rup can be added to the itinerary with additional charge $10 for the whole group.
- Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.