Standard Angkor Wat + Floating Village (1D8)
Angkor Archaeological Park, stretching over some 500 square km, including forested area is one of the most interesting sites in South-East Asia. It contains the magnificent remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century. They include the famous temple of Angkor Wat and, at Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple with its countless sculptural decorations.
There are 4 floating villages for visitors in Siem Reap such as Me Chrey, Kampong Khleang, Chong Khneas and Kampong Phluk. Kampong Phluk is a cluster of three villages of stilted houses built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap Lake. It is about 16 km southeast of Siem Reap Town. Flooded mangrove forest surrounds the area and is home to a variety of wildlife including crab-eating macaques, and 3000 human inhabitants. During the dry season when the lake is low, the buildings in the villages seem to soar atop their 6-meter stilts exposed by the lack of water.
Destinations / Attractions:
Start at 8:00 AM
- Angkor Wat
- Angkor Thom:
- South Gate Angkor Thom
- Terrace of the Elephants
- Terrace of the Leper King
- Ta Keo
- Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider Temple)
- Banteay Kdei
- Boat Trip on Floating Village
What is included:
- (Optional) An English-speaking tour guide (other languages also available with surcharge)
- A tuktuk, A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee
- Complimentary cool drinking water & towel
What is excluded:
- Temples’ Entrance Pass Fee: US$37 per person
- Floating village pass + boat fee: US$20 per person
- Personal Food + Beverage
- Gratuity & Tipping
- Other personal expenses
You can have four options for this package:
- Option 1: Tuktuk with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1-4 pax = $18
- Option 2: A/C vehicle with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1 – 4 pax = $35
5 – 12 pax = $40
- Option 3: Tuktuk with a DRIVER, and a professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $53
- Option 4: A/C vehicle with a driver, and professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $70
4 – 11 pax = $75
Note: While the driver can bring you to all the attractions, he is not allowed to accompany the visitors to the temples and to explain about the culture, history, Buddhism or Hinduism myths, which is the job of the tour guides who are trained and licensed by the ministry of Tourism.
Other Important Information & Tips:
- Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
- Ending location: hotel or a place in town
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
- For every temple you visit, please wear proper clothes. If you wear t-shirt & shorts, please ensure that they are long enough to cover the shoulders & knees.
- Lunch break is at noon at the local restaurants near the temples. Anyway, you can request for the hotel return for lunch with additional US$10 for transportation fee.
- Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.