Four Days – Angkor Wat Tour, Beng Mealea, Floating Village, Kbal Spean (4D5)
Beng Mealea, very similar to Angkor Wat was built in the 12th century. Its current state is dominated by jungle. Its primary material is sandstone and it is largely unrestored, with trees and thick brush thriving amidst its towers and courtyards and many of its stones lying in great heaps. Trees have grown out of the towers and vines entangle columns. Lintels and others building blocks lay around in a tumble and require visitors to climb up and down as they approach the completely collapsed central towers.
Angkor, in Siem Reap Town, Cambodia, is one of the most important archaeological sites in Southeast Asia. It extends over approximately 500 square kilometers and contains many temples, hydraulic structures (dykes, basins, canals, reservoirs) as well as communication routes. For several centuries Angkor, was the center of the Khmer Kingdom. With impressive monuments, some different ancient urban plans and large water reservoirs, the site is a unique concentration of features testifying to an exceptional civilization. Temples like Angkor Wat, the Bayon, Preah Khan and Ta Prohm, exemplars of Khmer architecture, are closely linked to their geographical context as well as being imbued with symbolic significance.
The enchanting temple of Banteay Srei temple is almost everyone’s favorite. The special charm of this little temple lies in its conservation and excellent decoration, its miniature scale almost always surprise visitor. The name, relatively modern, means (Citadel of the lady). It was built by the precious stone or jewel of Khmer art, it like pink stone of lime stone. Banteay Srei was not a royal temple; it was built by the counselor of the king Rajandravarman II in 968.
Destinations / Attractions:
- Day One: Start at 8:00 AM
- Beng Mealea (75 KM from Siem Reap town)
- Kampong Khleang Floating Village
- Day Two: Start at 9:00 AM
- Angkor Thom City:
- South Gate of Angkor Thom
- Terrace of the Elephants
- Terrace of the Leper King
- Chau Say Tevoda
- Ta Keo
- Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider Temple)
- Day Three: Start at 9:00 AM
- Preah Khan
- Neak Poan
- Ta Som
- East Mebon
- Pre Rup
- Banteay Kdei
- Angkor Wat
- Day Four: Start at 5:00 AM
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat
- Banteay Srei (37KM from Siem Reap Town, with the view of the countryside on the way. Stop to see the palm sugar production by the locals)
- Kbal Spean Waterfall (15KM from Banteay Srei)
- Roluos Group:
- Preah Ko
What is included:
- (Optional) An English-speaking tour guide (other languages also available with surcharge)
- Tuktuk, A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee
- Complimentary cool drinking water & towel
What is excluded:
- Angkor Archeological Park Pass: US$62 per person
- Kampong Khleang Pass + Boat fee: US$20 per person
- Beng Mealea Pass: US$5 per person
- Personal Food + Beverage
- Gratuity & Tipping
- Other personal expenses
You can have four options for this package:
- Option 1: Tuktuk with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1-4 pax = $106
- Option 2: A/C vehicle with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1 – 4 pax = $175
5 – 12 pax = $200
- Option 3: Tuktuk with a DRIVER, and a professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $261
- Option 4: A/C vehicle with a driver, and professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $330
4 – 11 pax = $360
Note: While the driver can bring you to all the attractions, he is not allowed to accompany the visitors to the temples and to explain about the culture, history, Buddhism or Hinduism myths, which is the job of the tour guides who are trained and licensed by the ministry of Tourism.
Other Important Information & Tips:
- Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
- Ending location: hotel or a place in town
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
- For every temple you visit, please wear proper clothes. If you wear t-shirt & shorts, please ensure that they are long enough to cover the shoulders & knees.
- Lunch break is at noon at the local restaurants near the temples. Anyway, you can request for the hotel return for lunch with additional US$10 for transportation fee.
- Sunset at Angkor Wat, Bakheng Hill, Sras Srong or Pre Rup can be added to the itinerary with additional charge $10 for the whole group.
- Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.