Beng Mealea + Floating Village (1D9)
Beng Mealea, very similar to Angkor Wat was built in the 12th century. Its current state is dominated by jungle. Its primary material is sandstone and it is largely unrestored, with trees and thick brush thriving amidst its towers and courtyards and many of its stones lying in great heaps. Trees have grown out of the towers and vines entangle columns. Lintels and others building blocks lay around in a tumble and require visitors to climb up and down as they approach the completely collapsed central towers.
Kampong Phluk is a cluster of three villages of stilted houses built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap Lake. It is about 16 km southeast of Siem Reap Town. Flooded mangrove forest surrounds the area and is home to a variety of wildlife including crab-eating macaques, and 3000 human inhabitants. During the dry season when the lake is low, the buildings in the villages seem to soar atop their 6-meter stilts exposed by the lack of water.
Destinations / Attractions:
Start at 7:30 AM
- Beng Melea (75 KM)
- Kampong Phluk Floating Village (Boat Trip)
Note: Alternatively, visitors can choose to visit Kampong Khleang in stead of Kampong Phluk without changing the price.
What is included:
- (Optional) An English-speaking tour guide (other languages also available with surcharge)
- A tuktuk, A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee
- Complimentary cool drinking water & towel
What is excluded:
- Beng Mealea temple pass: US$5 per person
- Floating village pass + boat fee: US$20 per person
- Personal Food + Beverage
- Gratuity & Tipping
- Other personal expenses
You can have four options for this package:
- Option 1: Tuktuk with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1-4 pax = $40
- Option 2: A/C vehicle with a licensed and experienced DRIVER who can speak good English:
1 – 4 pax = $65
5 – 12 pax = $75
- Option 3: Tuktuk with a DRIVER, and a professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $80
- Option 4: A/C vehicle with a driver, and professional licensed English-speaking TOUR GUIDE:
1 – 3 pax = $105
4 – 11 pax = $115
Note: While the driver can bring you to all the attractions, he is not allowed to accompany the visitors to the temples and to explain about the culture, history, Buddhism or Hinduism myths, which is the job of the tour guides who are trained and licensed by the ministry of Tourism.
Other Important Information & Tips:
- Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
- Ending location: hotel or a place in town
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
- For every temple you visit, please wear proper clothes. If you wear t-shirt & shorts, please ensure that they are long enough to cover the shoulders & knees.
- Lunch break is at noon at the local restaurants near the temples.
- Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.