One Day – Standard Angkor Wat + Floating Village (1D5)
I. Destinations / Attractions:
Start at 8:00 AM
* Angkor Wat
* Angkor Thom
· South Gate Angkor Thom
· Terrace of the Elephants
· Terrace of the Leper King
* Ta Keo
* Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider Temple)
* Banteay Kdei
* Kampong Phluk Floating Village (Boat Trip)
Angkor Archaeological Park, stretching over some 500 square km, including forested area is one of the most interesting sites in South-East Asia. It contains the magnificent remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century. They include the famous temple of Angkor Wat and, at Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple with its countless sculptural decorations.
Kampong Phluk is a cluster of three villages of stilted houses built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap Lake. It is about 16 km southeast of Siem Reap Town. Flooded mangrove forest surrounds the area and is home to a variety of wildlife including crab-eating macaques, and 3000 human inhabitants. During the dry season when the lake is low, the buildings in the villages seem to soar atop their 6-meter stilts exposed by the lack of water.
IV. What is included:
1. An English-speaking tour guide
2. An A/C car or mini-van with a driver + gasoline + parking fee + complimentary cool drinking water
V. What is excluded:
1. Temples’ Entrance Pass Fee = US$37 per person
2. Boat Fee + River Entrance Pass Fee = US$20 per person
3. Food + Beverage
4. Other personal expenses
VI. Other Important Information & Tips
1. Where to pick up: hotel, a place in town or at the Siem Reap Airport
2. Ending location: hotel or a place in town
3. Tour Duration: 8 Hours (flexible)
4. What to Wear: You can wear whatever clothing you feel comfortable and not too sexy for ladies (t-shirt & knee-length shorts are recommended). For footwear, sport shoes or flip flops are recommended.
5. Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged and bring a reserved one if available.